In order to protect our Peering platform our members are required to follow the rules listed herein
- Members must have a public AS number issued by a RIR and routable IP space
- Private AS numbers must not be used.
- Members must not point the default route at any other member.
- Routing protocol: only BGP is allowed.
- Internal L3/L3 protocols must be disabled DHCP, CDP, MOP, RIP, OSPF, IS-IS, (R)STP, VTP, any kind of L2 muat be kept alive.
- Frames forwarded to MVIX ports shall have one of the following ether-types:0x0800 – Ipv4
- 0x0806 – ARP
- 0x86dd – Ipv6
- ARP proxy must be disabled.
- One MAC address per port – frames received from a member device shall all have the same source MAC address. We use L2 ACLs to enforce this requirement.
- Frames received from an attached member device shall not be addressed to a multicast or broadcast MAC destination address except as follows: Broadcast ARP packets
- Multicast IPv6 neighbor solicitation packets
- Interfaces connected to MVIX peering ports shall only use IP addresses and netmasks assigned to them by MVIX.
- A member may in no way interfere with traffic to/from any other member.
- A member should not advertise MVIX address space to any other network
- IPv6 site-local addresses shall not be used.
- IPv6 addresses (link & global scope) shall be explicitly configured and not auto-configured.
- Peering traffic should be exchanged, nothing else